Hood Rat

I finished my Mondo Cable Hood! As I mentioned in the WIP post on it, the pattern and I had some issues. But now that the hood is finished, I absolutely love it and forgive the pattern. Also, I found the greatest buttons ever.

The hood is made out of Malabrigo Twist, which is awesome! It’s scrumptious and soft just like every other Malabrigo yarn, but plied! The thick-and-thin was a little more pronounced than I expected it to be, but it worked out just fine.

Here are some pictures! The light is horrible today so the pictures aren’t very good, but I think they’ll suffice. I have a tabletop photography kit coming on Monday, I am so excited!

Mondo Cable Hood | katili*made | http://katilimade.com

I’m excited to wear my hood out and about. The color is great because it’ll match most anything. The yarn makes it nice and warm, and the buttons add enough weight to the front to keep it from slipping around. Yay!

buttons, FO, hood, Knitted FO, mondo cable hood

8 Responses to Hood Rat

1. Kathleen Mar 11, 2011 at 9:46 am #

I’m glad you and the pattern worked out your issues, because the finished product is amazing! I love the cables, they look so pretty and cozy, and that really is a great button, it looks all handforged and elegant and really works with the grey.

2. Unforth Mar 11, 2011 at 11:00 am #

That’s lovely!!

3. Samantha Mar 11, 2011 at 12:47 pm #

Visiting for FO Friday! I love it–both the hood and the yarn choice, it loks so squishy and warm, great work!

4. Spinster Beth Mar 11, 2011 at 2:22 pm #

Ooooh that is fabulous!

5. Tami Mar 11, 2011 at 6:46 pm #

LOVE it! You’re right, the button is perfect for it.

6. Marushka Mar 12, 2011 at 1:16 pm #

It is beautiful! You will be able to wear it with all kinds of colors. I just finished a cardigan with Malabrigo Twist and fell in love with that yarn. I can’t wait to use it again.

7. LauraM Mar 13, 2011 at 6:21 am #

Looks amazing! A great pattern paired with some excellent yarn, then amazing pictures to show it off! You are quite talented!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. WIP – Creme Brulee || Knitting || katili*made - Jan 31, 2014

[…] So, it’s been a while since I officially joined the Knit-along that we do at my awesome LYS, The Knitting Bee. Part of it is because many of the things they knit are not quite the same things I’d ever wear (I’m really particular about knit garments), though I did participate in the Shawl-along (because who doesn’t love handknit shawls!) and when they knit the Mondo Sweater, I made the Mondo Hood. […]