WIP – Vampire Heaven

Some of you may recall the last 198 Yds of Heaven that I made… and many of you are probably now aware of how it got left in England. Well, I finally decided it was time to make a new one for myself!

I had been oogling this skein of madelinetosh Tosh Vintage at the yarn shop for ages. Every week, I’d pick it up, and carry it around the store with me. The colorway Tart is just SO GORGEOUS. It is the perfect shade of vampire red. It’s a bright red, that has a black “glow” to it, as weird as that sounds. Trust me, it’s beautiful. It’s also rediculously hard to photograph, because that black glow disappears. I’m still working on it; I swear I’ll get a good photo one of these days.

Anyway, after about 5 weeks of this oogling, I noticed there was only one. skein. left!! I hadn’t bought any because it’s a bit expensive and I’m not supposed to be buying new yarn anyway (pfft. yeah right!).. but I couldn’t let this yarn get away! At 200 yards, it is the PERFECT yarn for a replacement 198 Yds of Heaven. If you want to splurge on a single fancy skein, this pattern is pretty much perfect for you.

Anyway! I’m knitting along, and hope to be finished by the end of the weekend.. keep an eye out for the FO post next Friday (this Friday I’ll be showing off my Ishbel!). This photo is actually pretty close to the color, surprisingly.

WIP: Red Vampire Heaven | katili*made | http://katilimade.com

Isn’t it pretty?! I can’t wait to be done so I can wear it. Colorwise, in the photos anyway, it looks a bit close to the color of my Ishbel, but it’s really not. This is more of what I call a true red.. very jeweltoned, with that black glow that I can’t photograph. The Ishbel is made of a reddish-brown color that’s lower in it’s overall saturation, and much more mild in it’s shade.

And let me say right now, this one will NEVER EVER be re-homed.. I’ll fight for this one haha!

So what are you guys working on this week? I have to say, I really love this Work in Progress Wednesday thing.. it’s so nice to see everybody’s projects, and it’s an excellent motivator to regularly take pictures, and update my project pages and the such. I’m a sucker for a schedule.

198 yds of heaven, shawlette, tosh vintage, wip

11 Responses to WIP – Vampire Heaven

1. Unforth April 20, 2011 at 1:06 pm #

That’s really gorgeous!

2. EmmaWoo April 20, 2011 at 1:37 pm #

Love that, the colour looks stunning.

I haven’t come across that pattern before but have just faved it on Ravlery – will definitely be making one of these at some point!

Thanks for sharing. X

3. Karen April 20, 2011 at 1:53 pm #

Your shawl is going to be beautiful. I’d love to knit with that yarn.

4. Alexandra April 20, 2011 at 2:14 pm #

I have a skein of Tart too, in the sock yarn base. It does have that black glow you describe, it’s really a beautiful color! Looking forward to seeing your shawl!

5. caz April 20, 2011 at 2:23 pm #

i really love this, especially the colour as I love reds!!

6. Chris April 20, 2011 at 4:52 pm #

Love that red!!! I love all reds though. Wish I could get that pattern, but alas I am not on Ravelry. Oh well.

7. Tami April 20, 2011 at 5:40 pm #

Thank you thank you thank you for sharing this pattern and suggesting it for this yarn. I have one skein of Tosh Vintage. I bought it on vacation as a treat and had NO clue what to use it for, but I couldn’t afford 2 skeins of it. Now I know what to do with it! Your tart one is beautiful, as is the blue you made before.

8. Paula @ KnitandSeek April 20, 2011 at 5:43 pm #

It’s lovely! And can I just say how much I hate it when I can’t get a yarn to photograph well? It’s so frustrating. But I can totally see the black glow in that 2nd photo. Looking forward to the FO next week!

9. Leah April 21, 2011 at 1:36 am #

Beautiful! I love Madeline Tosh colours.

10. Karen April 21, 2011 at 8:53 am #

LOVE the color!!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Quite a Few FO’s! || Knitting || katili*made - January 31, 2014

[…] First up is my Vampire Heaven. For some reason this one took a lot more yarn than my Malabrigo version did, and I had to get some […]