WIP – Ragtop Mitts

Hello Blogosphere! It’s been a while, huh? Well never fear, I’m still alive, and I have a lovely project on needles to share with you all! I’ve finally started knitting again after a bit of a hiatus, and I hadn’t realized how much I missed it!

So, onto the mitts! I picked up a beautiful skein of madelinetosh tosh dk in Dried Rose recently, courtesy of a Christmas gift from my boyfriend. Similar to the skein of vintage in Tart, this yarn has awesome dark lowlights that are hard to capture, but the yarn looks lighter or darker depending on the light.

I knew right away that I was going to make the Ragtop Mitts with them, they look so cozy and poofy! A lot of shows and movies I’ve watched lately have people wearing big, knit mitts, and I’m totally a lemming when it comes to knitty trends!

So after I finished my little brother’s gloves that I was supposed to finish for Christmas (oops) and a little pair of red cufflets (which I will post about soon!), I started my mitts!

I took those two photos yesterday in preparation for WIP Wednesday but then proceeded to knit like crazy last night, and made so much progress that I had to take more pictures today. So much for saving time, huh? Hehe!

WIP - Ragtop Mitts | katili*made | http://katilimade.com

If I keep up this pace, maybe these will be done in time for FO Friday! I’m not holding my breath though, I wet-block everything and even if I’m done knitting they won’t be done drying yet. It’s okay though, I have something to share then anyway! How’s everyone else’s projects coming along?

fingerless mitts, madelinetosh, mitts, pink, ragtop, wip

9 Responses to WIP – Ragtop Mitts

1. Triona March 14, 2012 at 3:28 pm #

Mmmm, love that color. Your pictures are making me drool! I have loads of Tosh yarn waiting to be knit up, but every time I see a new-to-me color on someone’s blog, I want more, lol.

2. Stacey (FreshStitches) March 14, 2012 at 3:32 pm #

That yarn is so beautiful!

3. Daphne March 14, 2012 at 7:32 pm #

What a pretty yarn.

4. Allison March 15, 2012 at 5:19 am #

Those look great! I love that color. I know what you mean about the color being hard to capture- I made a vest out of some Chunky in Tart and I definitely did not do it justice. I wonder how the photographers at Madeline Tosh do it.

• katili March 15, 2012 at 10:37 am #

Yeah, Tart was a tough one! My guess is the ‘tosh photographers have a much better lighting system than mine, and probably a better camera/lens!

5. heather March 15, 2012 at 6:21 pm #

no joke about the colors being hard to capture!! but the colors they have are all so gorgeous!! your mitts look nice:)

6. Kathleen March 16, 2012 at 5:48 am #

Mmm, Madelinetosh—I dream of having a skein or two of that someday, and what a gorgeous skein you have! It’s working up just beautifully into those mitts, which look like they’re going to be the best kind of project—gorgeous and amazingly snuggle-awesome.

7. erin kate March 16, 2012 at 1:02 pm #

That is SUCH a gorgeous color, what would you even call it?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. FO – Ragtop Mitts || katili*made - March 23, 2012

[…] here are the Ragtop Mitts I posted about recently! These all but flew off the needles, and can I just say that I think this […]